Sport Haslemere helps to promote sport and activities in Midhurst, Liphook, Bordon, Churt, Dunsfold, Chiddingfold,
Haslemere and surrounding areas. From traditional sports to ways of keeping fit and active.
This opportunity would suit someone doing a Sports Management course or similar. Roles would include:
- Helping to update and improve the Sport Haslemere website. Also promoting social media.
- Helping to set up disabled sports sessions – could be any sport such as hockey or trampolining or tennis.
- Coaching at these disabled sport sessions.
- Helping to set up and market the Haslemere Festival of Sport 2017 on Monday August 28th. Last year we had 18 different clubs and about 700 people came. (We appreciate you may be on holiday then, but there is a lot of groundwork to do beforehand).
- Touching base with various clubs and seeing what events they would like publicising and seeing what new equipment they need. Sport Haslemere may be able to find grant money for new cricket nets or a new roller.
- Helping to promote sport in the larger local secondary schools. To ask the local clubs when their training nights are and to see if they will provide taster sessions for potential new members from these schools.
Time commitment: 3 hours per week – but very flexible. More if you wish – there is plenty to do and perhaps two students may be interested working in tandem. We will pay travel expenses