Please note that submissions for this award must be via a word document and must not exceed 1000 words. No attachments will be accepted but you may include web links to specific information that supports your nomination. Only one nomination per club will be counted (the first one we receive). All subsequent nominations will be voided.
Caroline Newman Trophy
Awarded to the most successful club of the past academic year.
Success in Performance, Participation, Personal Development, Club Management & anything else you wish to add. You should be a well-rounded club.
- Please demonstrate your performance success this past academic year, this should be a list of your BUCS league placings for your teams and/or results in other competitions.
- Please demonstrate your membership numbers within your club as well as attendance figures for any Playsport sessions you run.
- Please demonstrate how your club has developed members with regards to upskilling (coaching, officiating and safety qualifications) as well as soft skills such as communication, team work and conflict management.
- Please demonstrate how your club is a well-managed group. This should be in terms of individual committee roles and how they work together, management of your own funds, attendance at Sports Standing, communication to members and communication with Team Surrey staff.
University of Surrey Trophy
Awarded to the most improved club
Improvement in terms of Performance, Participation, Personal Development, Club Management from previous 3 years.
- Please demonstrate improvements in your performance success in 2015/16, 2016/17 and 2017/18
- Please demonstrate your improvements in membership numbers as well as any Playsport figures in 2015/16, 2016/17 and 2017/18.
- Please demonstrate how you have continued to improve upskilling (coaching, officiating and/or safety qualifications) and soft skills within your club from 2015/16 to 2017/18.
- Please demonstrate how you have improved as a well-managed group from 2015/16 to 2017/18, in terms of how committee roles work together, management of own funds and communication to both members and Team Surrey staff.
- Please summarise with how you achieved these improvements
The Students' Union Cup
Awarded to the most successful club in non-BUCS competition.
- Please provide evidence of results in non-BUCS competitions over the past academic year with a discussion on how this competition(s) ranks nationally or within the university sector
Warden of Colours Trophy
Awarded to the best administered club.
Admin in terms of Finance, Sports Standing Attendance, Sending of Results, Communication, Good Overall Committee, Inventory, Meeting Deadlines & anything else you wish to add.
- Please demonstrate from an administration perspective as to how your club has gone above and beyond in the following areas, over the past academic year:
- Finance e.g. management of own funds and budget
- Attendance at Sport Standing
- Sending of results to Team Surrey staff e.g. Wednesday BUCS results, weekend competitions
- Communication with club members and Team Surrey staff
- Management of committee and how well the roles work with one another
- Maintaining a detailed inventory
- Meeting of deadlines set by Team Surrey
- Any other administrative areas that you feel highlight how your club should be considered as Best Administered
Barry Hitchcock Cup
Awarded to the most effective and sustainable club.
Conscious effort in sustainability, planning well for the future, good own funds finances and handover material.
- Please demonstrate how your club has gone above and beyond in the following areas to ensure that future committees are left in a strong position:
- Upskilling members (coaching, officiating and safety qualifications)
- Management of own funds
- Handover documentation
- Future plans/strategy
Steve the Stag Award
Awarded to the club who has provided services to a charity or charities over the past academic year.
Donation of time, effort and funds raised.
Please demonstrate the following:
- What charity work has been undertaken by the club? Please include dates, name of charity, how many members were involved and an approximation of hours spent on this charity work.
- How much money was raised for your chosen charity(ies)
The Community Plate
Awarded to the club who has made considerable commitments to volunteering and outreach work within the community over the past academic year.
Evidence of hours volunteered as a club, a collaborative approach and a positive impact on the community.
Please demonstrate the following:
- What community work has been undertaken by the club? Please include dates, name of community project, how many members were involved and an approximation of hours spent on the project(s).
- The outcome of the community work, who was this benefiting, how it benefited this group of projects and what was the legacy of this.
- External supporting evidence of the scale of positive impact on the community.
Awarded to the club who has provided the best social sport progamme over the past academic year.
The organisation and delivery of an outstanding social sport programme by a Team Surrey Club, providing an exceptional student experience. This programme could be run as part of Pay & Play programme, Intramural Leagues or Beginner Courses.
To be considered for this award the club must provide:
- A narrative of why you feel your social sport offering is so successful
- Participation and retention figures
- Number of those involved in running the programme
- Member development as a result of the programme e.g. coaches qualified/upskilled
- How your programme supports the development of your overall club objectives
- Social opportunities for participants to get involved with.
Surrey Sports Park Team of the Year Trophy
Awarded to the most successful sports team of the academic year in terms of performance and achievement.
- Please provide details of your nominated team's results e.g. league standing, competition results, cup achievement etc.
- Please state why this is to be considered such an achievement