On Campus


There are a number of support services available to you on campus at Surrey University. Below you will find links to their webpages and contact details to help you find out more.



The security team on campus are here to ensure everyone is safe at Surrey.

In an emergency only, they can be contacted on 3333 from a campus phone, or 01483 683333.

For general enquiries you should call 2002 from a campus phone, or 01483 682002

Health, Wellbeing and Faith

Information on the services offered by the Centre for Wellbeing, Guildowns medical practice and Chaplaincy on campus can be found here:  https://wellbeing.surrey.ac.uk/

Centre for Wellbeing can be contacted directly on centreforwellbeing@surrey.ac.uk 

Guildowns can be contacted on surreyuniversityhealthcentre@nhs.net

Chaplaincy can be contacted on chaplaincy@surrey.ac.uk



Each court of residence has a warden team who are responsible for residents' welfare and for disciplinary matters within University Accommodation. Wardens have a day-job within the University but outside of that, they live amongst you in the courts and are available to support you at any time during your stay on campus.

To find out who your warden is and how to contact them, click here.

Student Life Mentors

Student Life Mentoring provides a proactive peer support service for all first year students at the University of Surrey no matter where you are living. Mentors are not Wardens and have no disciplinary power, they are there to answer any questions you may have about student life and to provide you with helpful information.

You can find out more about your mentor by visitng www.surrey.ac.uk/currentstudents/accommodation/mentoring/   

You should have contact details for your mentor in your campus kitchen but if you are unsure or live off campus, email mentoring@surrey.ac.uk 

Student Services

The Student Services Centre can advise you on a range of different aspects of your university life. Information about the services they offer can be found at www.surrey.ac.uk/currentstudents/ask/ 

For general enquiries, please contact ask@surrey.ac.uk 

  • For specific advice for International students, please contact -

             International Student Support – internationalsupport@surrey.ac.uk 

  • For financial advice, or questions about Hardship Fund applications, please contact -

             Money Advice – moneysupport@surrey.ac.uk 


Accommodation Office

If you have any questions or concerns about the room you are living in, you can contact the Accommodation Office on accommodation@surrey.ac.uk 

To find out more about what the Accommodation Team can do to support you, follow the link here

 University of Surrey Lettings Agency (USL)

Alongside student support, USL also manage the University's head leasing scheme which enables the University to rent properties to students without charging any fees. USL are dedicated to providing students with a fair deal and landlords with a professional service.

USL was formed as part of an initiative by the Students' Union who felt there was a clear need for the University of Surrey to provide a comprehensive advice and support service to students renting off campus. The USL partnership incorporates the Students' Union and Student Support Services Centre.

For more informaition, visit www.surrey.ac.uk/lettings   

Or email usl@surrey.ac.uk   

Visit Us

Union House
University of Surrey
Stag Hill, Guildford

Contact Us

01483 689 223

The University of Surrey Students’ Union is a private limited company, registered in England & Wales with registered number 07470232, registered at Union House, Guildford, GU2 7XH. The Union is also a registered charity, registered with charity number 1142479

Copyright University of Surrey Student's Union 2018