Academic Advice


The Students' Union is independent from the University and so we are able to offer free, confidential, impartial advice on a range of academic procedures.

How we can help?

Our advice team are here to offer you support and guide you through the University's regulations and procedures. We can help you by reading draft statements, offering advice on evidence you will need to support your case and accompany you to University meetings. It is important to remember that we cannot make your case for you and that it is your responsibility to make sure you understand the process.

Where do I start?

First, find the link below that relates to the advice you need. Here you will find a summary of the process and the steps you need to take to get started.

I have recently been course terminated and am not sure what to do next

Click on the link below to read our 'What Next?' advice guide. If you decide to appeal, you can find more information below.

Download PDF.png

Cropped hand.jpg

I would like to arrange an appointment

If you would like to make an appointment, it is important that you have read our guide and have all your documents ready to share with your adviser. You will find information on how to request an appointment at the end of each guide.

Visit Us

Union House
University of Surrey
Stag Hill, Guildford

Contact Us
01483 689 223

The University of Surrey Students’ Union is a private limited company, registered in England & Wales with registered number 07470232, registered at Union House, Guildford, GU2 7XH. The Union is also a registered charity, registered with charity number 1142479

Copyright University of Surrey Student's Union 2018