The ground floor of the Learning Resource Centre provides 4 bookable tables for the use of staff, Student Union and Student Union authorised clubs and societies, to set up stalls, sale activities or advertising.
MAKING A BOOKING/ CANCELLING A BOOKING
When booking a table, it must be booked at least 7 days in advance (no more than a semester in advance) of the event.
In order to book these you need to use your society email account (staff can use their normal accounts) on Outlook365 to send a meeting request. They are listed in the Outlook email directory as LRC Activity Table 1 and so on up to 4. You are able to view the status of these tables before sending the request to see if a table is already in use.
For more instructions see this link https://support.office.com/en-us/article/schedule-with-outlook-on-the-web-68e9b7e8-33c0-4258-9eee-1b8d626dab5a
Once you send the request it will automatically be processed and you will receive a response either accepting or declining your request. We cannot make bookings on your behalf. Please use your club or society email account to make these bookings, if it is not clear which club or society you are representing then your booking may be cancelled.
If you have more questions or if you have difficulties then please raise a ticket. If you require assistance making the meeting request then please contact the IT Service Desk using one of the methods below:
- Telephone: Call 01483 689898 or internal number 9898. Dedicated telephone support is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, wherever you are
- Email: Email firstname.lastname@example.org. This mailbox is constantly monitored throughout opening hours so your requests will be dealt with as quickly as possible
- In person: For face-to-face support visit the ITS Service Desk on the first floor of the Library & Learning Centre.
- Key UOS bookings will take priority.
- Bookings can be made in AM/PM/day slots for 4 booking table spaces.
- No advertising of bookings is permitted until confirmation has been received and acknowledged.
- Due to the limited number of tables, only 1 table space will be allocated per event.
- Tables are numbered and will be allocated to your booking.
- The tables cannot be moved and must remain in the location allocated.
- Please ensure you do not attach any items to the walls or deface any University property.
- Block booking and or non- attendance to bookings may prevent future use.
- You must make sure at the end of your booking the space is clean and tidy.
- No music or sound systems are permitted in these spaces.
- Maximum advance booking period of 3 months.
All reasonable measures should be taken by the organiser to ensure the safety of attendees and other users.
- Fire exits and the thoroughfare must be kept clear at all times.
- No hot food or cold food that requires refrigeration can be sold. If in doubt, please contact email@example.com
- No cooking is permitted in these spaces.
In the unlikely event you have a complaint about your booking, you can contact: