WELCOME SURREY FRESHERS 2015
Facebook (official Freshers page):
PLEASE NOTE: ALL WRISTBAND / TICKETS MUST BE PURCHASED THROUGH TIXTU.COM!
If you purchase a wristband / ticket(s) through any other site, they are not applicable to the USSU and you will not be permitted entry under any circumstances.
Your Guide to Buying Your FRESHERS' WEEK Wristband:
Freshers' Week is
THE week to immerse yourself in student life here at Surrey. Remember, everyone is in the same boat. Nobody knows anyone; most likely this is your flatmates' first time living away from home too. Everyone is looking to make friends and experience new things. Make sure you don't miss out by buying a Freshers' wristband! Freshers have priority over second and third years, so there's no reason for you to not join in on the fun!
Previous years have seen:
CHASE AND STATUS,
SCOUTING FOR GIRLS,
PAINT V FOAM &
How to secure your wristband / tickets:
Buying tickets couldn't be easier! The Students' Union works with a company called Tixtu to bring you a secure, straightforward, ticket buying experience.
Freshers wristbands will be on sale from
Monday 17th of August! Before you buy, you
MUST register with Tixtu, our ticket buying site, to purchase one.
- Go to www.tixtu.com and click 'join' in the top right hand corner. Fill in your details including your email address. Click 'sign up'.
- Check your email inbox, you should have received a confirmation email. Follow the instructions in the email, and click the link.
- After following the link, now you should be able to sign into Tixtu with your email address and the password you provided.
- Once you are registered, you will need to join the USSU group to acknowledge your status as a student. To join you will need to enter your Surrey URN/student number and DOB.
- Return to the Freshers' Week page, and select how many wristbands you would like to purchase and click the buy button.
- If the summary is correct, proceed to payment.
- You will be redirected to the Sage Pay screen. Select the method of payment you would like to use and fill in your details. Click 'pay now'. You will only need to fill in your details once. The Union uses Tixtu for all our ticketed events, and this will make future buying quicker and easier for you.
- Congrats! You have purchased your Freshers wristband and guaranteed yourself a week of crazy, momentous, life changing memories. Keep an eye on your inbox for your confirmation email, as well as updates and the line-up release from us!
If you have activated your IT account and are experiencing issues registering with Tixtu, please contact
firstname.lastname@example.org from your University email address.