The first step on everyone's scuba diving adventure is a try dive. Every year USSAC conduct over 50 try dives for students interested in scuba diving. There is no obligation to join!
The try dives were on the following dates:
- Saturday 1st October, 12:30-2:30pm at Surrey Sports Park (just turn up!)
- Thursday 6th October, 8:30pm at Spectrum Leisure Centre (pre-booking required)
- Thursday 13th October, 8:30pm at Spectrum Leisure Centre (pre-booking required)
- After these dates, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
You will need to sign a very short medical form and responsibility declaration to ensure you are safe to go diving. You must also be able to swim.
Each try dive will last around 30 minutes where one of our instructors will look after you on a one-to-one basis. They will give you a thorough briefing on the experience and equipment before easing you into the water. Only when you are completely comfortable will you descend into another world. Depending on your comfort we will get you swimming around, playing with some underwater toys and maybe even try your hand at some of the basic skills we teach you on the Ocean Diver course.
At the end of the experience you will be given a certificate and an information pack with a DVD on taking your adventure further.
You will also need to bring:
- swimming costume
- t-shirt and socks that you don't mind getting wet
- a sense of adventure (ok, we do know that was cheesy!)
If you want to come for a try dive, please fill out the form below for one of the two Thursday sessions or just turn up at SSP on the Saturday after Freshers Fayre and we'll try to fit you in!
If you have any questions about try dives please contact us at email@example.com