Become a member
USSAC is primarily a student club, so we usually require you to be a current student a the University of Surrey to join, however we do accept a small number of non-student members, just get in touch!
Whether you're a student or non-student, if you would like to become a member of USSAC, email our secretary, Lizzie, email@example.com for more information.
New to diving?
If you're new to diving, we can't wait to show you how great it is! After your (free!) try dive, you'll begin the Ocean Diver course teaching you the basic skills you need to begin diving.
Try dives allow you to experience diving within the safe confines of a pool. Meet some of our members and our instructors who will tell you what diving is about. Click here to book a try dive today.
Already a diver?
Click here for more information if you are already qualified to see what we can offer you.
How much will it cost?
Try dives are totally free, so if you're interested book a try dive today!
If you join us, there are two membership fees - one goes to the club and the other to BSAC - both of which give you a load of benefits in addition to being the cheapest way to learn to dive:
Club membership is £40, and this gives members:
- Free access to Club equipment - we have over 30 full sets of kit which can be used by anyone!
- Free air fills - we have a range of tanks from 10 litre to 15 litre and even a few ponies, and we can re fill them with our own compressor.
- Free training from our volunteer instructors.
- Free kit storage at our lock-up - much easier if you own some of your own kit.
- Access to USSAC trips and holidays - our trips aren't free, but they are always great value!
- A great club with loads of potential buddies.
BSAC student membership for 2015/2016 is £28.50 for which members received:
- Third party liability insurance
- Access to BSAC's Diver Training, Skill Development and Instructor Training programmes.
- BSAC iScuba or Scuba magazine.
- BSAC email newsletter.
- BSAC member benefit scheme.
- More information
There are some cost associated with training trips and training materials, but all brought to you at low prices.
If you want some points for comparison:
- PADI Open Water Course in the UK - £460
- PADI Open Water Course in Egypt - £280
We also offer reduced rates for active instructors and a non-student rate for a limited number of non-student members, typically limited to University of Surrey staff. Contact the secretary for more information.